The 13th Dakar Biennial is calling for applications from African and Diaspora artists to take part in its International Exhibition. Interested artists should send the following:
- the completed application form
- a biography of up to 15 lines in English and French
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- two recent high-resolution pictures
- a scanned copy of the valid passport until the end of 2018
- five high-definition reproductions (300 dpi for 30×50 cm) of works dating from January 2016 onward on paper or digital format (photographs, DVDs, CDs). The name of the photographer is required, as is the date of creation
- a text presenting the works and their technical specifications (title of the work, dimensions, material, value of the work and insurance, addresses of places of origin and delivery of works at the end of the biennial 2018)
- articles in art publications and critical texts on the artist’s work; one or more experts testimonials (optional).
Deadline: 31 July 2017
Applications can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and on a CD by post to:
Secretariat General of the Biennial of Dakar
19 avenue Hassan II 1st Floor
Dakar, BP: 3865
See the full application procedure here (PDF).
Leave a Reply