OPEN CALL: WORLD WIDE AIR residency, Copenhagen
World Wide Air (WWA) is a residency program at Fonden FABRIKKEN for Kunst and Design in Copenhagen that welcomes professional visual artists and curators worldwide. The program aims to generate networks and exchange between the residents and the Danish arts scene. It encourages knowledge sharing and welcomes applications that support this objective.
Applicants are asked to submit a proposal for an artistic or curatorial research project. The project should be of a high standard and contribute to developing new insights into the field in question.
In an effort to strengthen knowledge sharing, applications with an educational and/or public aspect are given priority (i.e. master classes for professional artists/curators, lectures, workshops for children, performances, readings etc.). FABRIKKEN assists with locating participants for master classes, workshops etc.
WWA welcomes visual artists and curators in residence for a duration of 3 months. The resident receives a stipend of 30.000 DKK in total (approx. 4.035 EUR) to cover living expenses etc., a fixed travel grant, shared accommodation in Copenhagen, and a private studio at FABRIKKEN.
Fonden FABRIKKEN for Kunst og Design
FABRIKKEN is a not-for-profit art institution that provides studios and work spaces for more than 70 professional primarily Danish visual artists and designers. FABRIKKEN is guided by the spirit of community and resource-sharing, which is nurtured through an event program and a communal weekly lunch. In addition to the studios, FABRIKKEN contains a 1000 m2 central space, which is mainly used for events and artistic production.
There is no application form; however, only applications that meet the criteria and respect the guidelines below will be taken into consideration. The applications are assessed by a professional jury, and applicants can expect a reply by early March 2019.
The selection criteria are artistic quality of a high level and relevant exhibition experience (such as presentations in internationally acclaimed art institutions or contexts), and that the applicant wishes to share their knowledge and interact with the Danish arts scene.
Apply by sending one multi page .pdf (max. 6 MB) that includes:
- A summary of the application on the first page (max. 100 words)
- Presentation of the curator’s or artist’s practice and project (max. 1,5 page)
- Motivation for applying for a residency at FABRIKKEN in Copenhagen (max. 1 page)
- A current, prioritized CV (max. 1 page)
- Documentation of previous work/projects (max. 5 pages) in order of priority with the relevant links (one per project)
- Preference for residency period (3 months between 1 September 2019 and 1 September 2020) NB: Please indicate alternatives if possible
- Description of the applicant’s requirements (if any) w. regards to accommodation, work space, tools etc.
- The applicant’s contact details
The application is sent by e-mail to FABRIKKEN at email@example.com Please mark your e-mail: “APPLICATION WWA”
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31 January 2019
Applications for the residency period 1 September 2019 – 1 September 2020 will be accepted until 31 January 2019 (closing time for applications 4 pm CET).