The Bamako Encounters are launching a call for photographers and artists for its 12th edition.
Imagine the artistic practice of photographic stream of consciousness as ‘thinking in images’. The art piece (the photograph, photographs), as an expression of an interior monologue, the artist’s sensory reactions to external events.
The image as a capture of streams of consciousness having the possibility of revealing the worlds of thoughts and circumstances, the universe of histories and geographies that birthed the photograph.
For this biennial the focus is on the African world. Africa as a planetary concept related to people of African origin, spread over the world in Asia, Oceania, Europe, the Americas, the African continent. Can photography reveal the Streams of Consciousness that flow from and beyond the shores of the African continent?
We are looking at artists whose works reveal their thoughts and conscious reactions to occurrences and the perceived in this continuous flow. See full concept in the attachment or through this link: Conceptual Note
The 12th edition of Rencontres de Bamako/ Biennale Africaine de la Photographie will be held from 30 November 2019 to 31 January 2020 in Bamako, Mali. This call is open to artists from the African world.
Candidates must submit a completed application form.
The application must include:
1. the completed application form;
2. a detailed curriculum vitae;
3. a scanned copy of the valid passport until 2020;
4. five high-definition images (300 dpi), preferably from 2017 to 2019 (artist’s property) incl. name of the photographer and date of creation;
5. a short text on the works and their technical data (title of the work, dimensions, materials, value of the work and insurance, addresses of places of origin and delivery, do the photographs need frames? etc)
The online application can be accessed HERE.
Deadline: 15 June 2019.