New Art Exchange is proud to announce its inaugural ‘open’ exhibition – an open platform for artists to apply and exhibit their work. Given NAE’s key priorities in supporting both culturally diverse and local talent, the exhibition will be open to all artists in Nottinghamshire, and also to UK artists of culturally diverse heritage and those exploring diversity within their practice living anywhere in the UK.
The NAE Open will present a snapshot of contemporary fine art practice. We are therefore seeking submissions for work made in the last three years, and all mediums are encouraged, including live art.
The NAE Open provides a range of developmental and profile raising opportunities. Beyond the public exhibition itself, which will be held across NAE’s Main Gallery, Mezzanine Gallery and potentially our public art Forecourt Space, there will be the accolade of prizes including cash awards and developmental opportunities via future exhibitions. In addition, a panel of prestigious judges will view each and every submission creating the opportunity for artists to expose their practice to arts professionals and organisations they may not already engage with. The judges will select the main exhibition prize, with visitors to the exhibition voting for the Public Choice winner and NAE selecting the NAE Exhibition Prize.
A digital media campaign will run alongside the exhibition to further expose the work of selected artists across new audiences and sectors. The NAE Open is also a platform for selling work (if the artist chooses to make their work available for sale).
NAE OPEN PRIZES 2019
• The NAE Open ‘Main Prize’ (selected by the judging panel): £3,000
• The NAE Open ‘Public Choice Prize’ (selected by visitors to the exhibition): £1,500
• The NAE Open ‘Exhibition Prize’ (selected by NAE): Future exhibition opportunity with NAE
NAE OPEN JUDGING PANEL 2019
• Matthew Chesney – Artist Curator and Founding Director of BACKLIT Gallery & Studio
• Christine Eyene – Artistic Director, Biennale Internationale de Casablanca
• Louise Fedotov-Clements – Artistic Director of QUAD & Director of FORMAT International Photography Festival
• Manick Govinda – Independent Arts Consultant, Writer, Curator, Artists Mentor & Producer
• Jagdish Patel – Nottingham based Writer, Photographer & Activist
• Sarah Perks – International Curator, Writer & Producer
• Beverley Sterling – Visual Artist
• Salma Tuqan – Curator of Contemporary Art & Design, and Deputy Director of Delfina Foundation
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Sunday 12 May 2019
Friday 12 July 2019
Open to the public
13 July – 8 September 2019
Friday 23 August 2019
Please read the terms and conditions of entry before completing your application.