BOZAR – Centre for Fine Arts is seeking for a General Director
- day-to-day management of BOZAR. The position holder is assisted by a management committee which they will chair.
- participation in administration board meetings, in an advisory capacity.
The selected candidate will be appointed by the King for a six-year term on the basis of cultural or managerial knowledge.
The position’s profile is established as follows:
– Cultural knowledge:
. be able to present an artistic programme focusing on music (from classical to contemporary) and visual arts (including painting and sculpture) by established and emerging artists;
. take advantage of the Centre’s infrastructure to promote cultural interdisciplinarity;
. maintain the development of cultural partnerships in view of ensuring production excellence.
– Managerial responsibilities:
. develop the team spirit essential to ensure a harmonious, socially-responsible management of a diverse artistic activity;
. ensure a strict financial balance of programming in counterpart of entrusted artistic management autonomy;
. introduce innovative technologies to ensure efficient management;
. ensure the loyalty of sponsorship essential to preserve the excellence of the programming.
Applications must be submitted by registered letter no later than Monday 10 May 2021 to the Federal Public Service Chancellery of the Prime Minister, for the attention of Mr. Thomas Van Achter, rue de la Loi 16, 1000 Brussels.
– Belgian, EU or Swiss Confederation citizen;
– be able to showcase a relevant cultural experience given the multidisciplinary nature of the Centre for Fine Arts;
– have assumed management functions within an institution;
– be able to lead a multidisciplinary team;
– be able to work in a bilingual French-Dutch environment within the management committee and the board of directors, and in an international context where English is an asset.
Applicants are requested to enclose the following with their application form:
- a complete curriculum vitae;
- a note of maximum 5 pages (and optional annexes) detailing your motivation and artistic and managerial project, in accordance with the mission entrusted BOZAR according to the 7 May 1999 law, and the management contract of 26 May 2016.
Visit BOZAR for more information.
Cover image: BOZAR, with poster of Summer of Photography 2018. Photo: Christine Eyene.