Founded in 2012, the International Biennial of Casablanca (BIC) is an independent international art event held every two years in the city of Casablanca. The biennial aims to promote contemporary art in Morocco and highlight the cultural breadth and architectural heritage of Casablanca.
The biennale is also the exhibition component of Ifitry, an artists residency created in 2008 in the region of Essaouira. It is also accompanied by a new space, the BIC project space, that will host medium-size art events in Casablanca from April 2019.
The International Biennial of Casablanca is looking for a development officer.
Under the responsibility of the artistic direction, the tasks of the candidate will be as follows:
– Analysis of the BIC within its local, African and international context
– Design and implementation of new development strategies
– Research grants from international public and private organisations
– Development of Moroccan and international partnerships
– Setting up systems to monitor international calls for projects
– Writing, formalisation, and follow-up on funding applications and partnerships
– Management of monitoring administrative tools, planning and reporting
– Masters in the cultural field or business school
– Passion for art and culture
– Understanding the stakes of a biennale of contemporary art
– General knowledge of the Moroccan and international artistic environment
– Experience in securing funding for cultural projects
– A taste for challenges and resilient personality
– Excellent command of written and spoken French and English
– Computer skills
– Excellent organisation
Type of contract: self-employed, fixed term, part-time
Start date: end of February 2019
Deadline for application: 31/01/2019
Place of employment: flexible between London and Casablanca
To apply: Send a CV + letter of motivation in PDF format (max 4Mo) by email to the attention of Secrétariat Général de la Biennale Internationale de Casablanca at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “candidature chargé de développement” as subject of the email.
Interviews will take place mid-February 2019.
See here for more information on the International Biennial of Casablanca.