The Kinda Foundation for Contemporary Arab Art (Riyad, Saudi Arabia), in collaboration with the Arab World Institute (Paris, France), is launching Art Across Borders, an international art contest highlighting Arab creativity during self-isolation.
Contestants are free to choose their subject matter, regardless of whether it is directly related to the pandemic and its effects or repercussions. The winners will be announced in November 2020 (to be confirmed).
Participating works can be:
- Section 1: Painting, sculpture, artist book, art object, classic or digital printmaking.
- Section 2: Photography or video, provided that there are no copies and is produced after this announcement.
Photographs of the works, along with their technical specifications, should be sent to the following e-mail ( email@example.com ). They will be presented to the technical committee.
- Deadline: 31 August 2020.
- Participants should also send a recent photo portrait and brief biography.
- Once the competition is done, a book will be published and will be sent to the winning participants.
- The winning artists will receive their prize and the selected works will be gifted by the Kinda Foundation for Contemporary Arab Art to the Arab World Institute in Paris.
The jury is composed of three artists: Dia Azzawi, Mohamed Mouarbiti, Adel El-Siwi; Silvia Naef, art historian and professor at the University of Geneva; Mouna Mekouar, art critic and curator; and Djamila Chakour, curator at the IMA.
Section 1 Awards:
Two prizes each 6,000 USD.
Four prizes each, 4,000 USD.
Section 2 Awards:
Two prizes each of 3,000 USD.
Two prizes each 2,000 USD.