Liverpool Biennial X SEVENSTORE Artist Bursaries
As part of a shared commitment to supporting local artists in Liverpool and Merseyside, Liverpool Biennial 2023 and SEVENSTORE are joining forces to offer three bursaries of £3,000 each for artists and creative practitioners between June – September 2023, within the 12th edition of Liverpool Biennial.
Liverpool Biennial x SEVENSTORE Bursaries are open to artists and creative practitioners who are specifically working with or interested in exploring practices of care – either thematically or through their approach, or both.
What we mean by ‘care’ can be very broad, and might include ideas around sustainability, accessibility, Queer and LBGTQ+ culture, BIPOC and race issues, fighting injustice, community or social practice and more.
We welcome applications from artists that meet the following criteria:
- Living and working in Liverpool or wider Merseyside
- Consider themselves emerging in their art career (e.g. practicing between 1-3 years outside of any formal education)
- There is no age limit, any age is welcome to apply
- No formal education or qualifications are necessary
- Any form of visual art medium is welcome to apply, including (but not limited to) sculpture, painting, printmaking, audio, film, live art, illustration or photography
- Are able to demonstrate a clear rationale for why they’d benefit from the bursary
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications from:
- Organisations or companies
- Full-time students
- Artists living outside of the UK
- Artists within 24 months of completing an undergraduate course
- Individuals who have received any Liverpool Biennial bursary since 2021
Artist collectives are welcome to apply, but please note that only one bursary will be allocated per successful application. We cannot accept multiple applications from the same collective or project.
How to apply:
- Provide a short overview of your proposed bursary activity (up to 40 words)
- Please provide an outline of your artistic practice (up to 100 words)
- Provide a full description of your proposed bursary activity (up to 150 words)
- Outline your budget (up to 100 words)
- Why is the opportunity crucial to your professional development at this time? (up to 150 words)
- Additional Links / Website / CV
Deadline for applications: Sunday 9th April 2023, midnight
Download the PDF information pack for further information.
Source: Liverpool Biennial
Sign up with your email address to receive our latest news.
© eye.on.art 2023 – All rights reserved.